Saturday, April 25, 2009

Disappointment...

So a few things strike me as a shame at the moment. First of all, buck fitty is no more in Westwood. Any UCLA grad can tell you that was one of the best cheap food spots in all of LA. Tasty sandwiches for all of 90 cents. Granted, they raised prices over time (I believe they were roughly three buck fitty as of last year), but still-- a sad day in Westwood.

Also disappointing is a realization that you are getting old. Went out for a few drinks last night, and woke up a little slower than I used to. Its one thing when you get hammered and pass out--quite another when you drink just enough to keep a steady buzz, only to wake up in a fog the following morning. I would like to blame the malaise on the well vodka I was drinking-- the step up to a mid-level Absolut-ish brand cannot be underestimated, and is usually worth the extra cost-- but the plain and simple fact is that I am older than I used to be.

As for disappointments related to sports, my fantasy team is a disaster, but let me tip off people to a fact that should seem obvious, but for some reason is not: no one else cares about your fantasy team. People don't care who you "stole" in the 7th round of your keeper league, or about your misfortune of bidding on a star who turns around and gets hurt. Unless you are talking to someone in your league or is a huge nerd about these things (such as myself), stay away from fantasy talk.

NFL Draft quick take-- love the Crabtree pick to SF, no idea what the Raiders were thinking about Heyward-Bey, who has bust written all over him (no offense). Not sure why ESPN feels the need to list 6 kickers on their "best available" coverage. Really? Couldn't you save that for the 2nd day? I don't mean to speak out of turn, but if 6 NFL teams feel the need to draft a kicker in the first two rounds, perhaps its time to re-evaluate things. Then again, its 70 degrees outside, sunny, and I am sitting on the couch, eating junk food, watching coverage of a non-sporting event for way too long. So maybe I should re-evaluate things a touch...

No comments:

Post a Comment